The Creative & Digital Academy
Creative, Business and IT courses
The Creative and Digital Academy is home to a full range of Level 2, Level 3 and Access courses in which you can do what you love and love what you do, every day!
We’re an innovative, vibrant and committed community which fuses industry scenario with placement; ensuring our learners are ready for the next step in their journey towards the career of their dreams.
From Business to Dance, IT to Music, Art to Games Design (and so much more) we have a full portfolio of both creative and digital courses to suit the needs of those with a desire to make a difference.
Working with Industry innovators you’ll be challenged and supported to find your own voice, to trust your own creative judgement and to work with passion and discipline.
The Creative and Digital Academy focusses on the growth of the individual because in an exciting and ever growing digital landscape, the experience of the reflective human will be pivotal in developing successful future enterprise, bridging gaps between commerce and culture. You are a key part of that future.
Through regular cross discipline collaboration you’ll make new friends and undertake new adventures in a safe and nurturing environment.
Join us. Be heard. Be bold. Be successful.
Do what you Love.
Watch the presentations here
- Additional training opportunities outside of timetable as ‘LAUNCH Theatre Company’, taking part in National Theatre Connections Festival with opportunities to perform at The Theatre Royal Plymouth and in London
- Performance training- Not just for stage but acting for screen too!
- At least 5 performances per year!! With weekly technique sessions to hone your fundamental performance skills.
Art & Design
- Dedicated building with multiple studio spaces, 3D Workshop, Kilns and Textiles studio
- Work with Industry specialists on a vast range of projects
- Find your own artistic voice and become the artist you’ve always dreamed of being
- PAINT, PRINT, TEXTILE, CLAY, WOOD, METAL.
- Learn Accounting, Marketing, HR Process and Event Management
- Cross collaborate with The Creative & Digital Academy to use your skills in real life projects
- Pave the way for a high earning career in Business.
- Work as part of a dance company from the get go- touring, performing and work-shopping you’re way to the top
- Regular technique in Ballet, Contemporary, Jazz and Commercial. Option for Bolt On training ensuring you’ll dance non stop, 5 days a week!
- Focus on Performance, Choreography and Teaching as part of our multi-strand curriculum.
- Learn Level Design, Animation and 3D Modelling
- Make your own games and animate for live performance and social media too
- Be a part of our gaming community – Cosplay and DnD club.
- Be a part of making the digital world – web design with us
- Make the next generation of software and apps
- Explore hardware and software and be a technician in our onsite PC Clinic.
- Practical and Industry focused project work ranging from Documentary, Film, Editing, Advertising, Journalism and Graphic Design.
- Professional equipment including a dedicated television and sound studio space and full access to the entire Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Work with Industry professionals on live briefs with real businesses.
- Gig and Tour throughout the whole of your course
- Cross collaborate in major events with The Creative & Digital Academy
- Learn songwriting with a renowned and successful musician still releasing albums.
- Home to one of the largest darkrooms in the South West with a 10 x 8 enlarger!
- Explore analogue and digital photograph
- Respond creatively to live briefs with industry professionals.